Always wanted to make control charts in Excel and thought they were cumbersome. Need to make dozens of control charts and want to automated the process? Look no further.
Excel Control Chart Add-In
Add data to a spreadsheet. Select data range. Two Clicks. As simple as that. No need to spent valuable time changing chart defaults, selecting colors and line styles or doing calculations, the control chart utility does it all for you.
Features of Excel Control Chart Utility
1. Specify Control Limits – Specify the number of control limits you want to show on the chart. Show 1, 2, 3 or specify your own custom sigma limit. Or if needed, hide them altogether.
2. Highlight Outliers : Highlight outliers beyond 1, 2, 3 or custom control limits for easy identification.
3. Create Static / Dynamic Chart : A dynamic chart will automatically update itself when data points change. A static control chart can be copy pasted without to other sheets without losing data. The control chart utility allows you to create charts of both types. *
4. Flexible Data Range with or without X-axis labels and headers : Use single dimensional or two dimensional range as input. If two dimensional data range is specified as input, the first dimension range will be taken as the x-axis labels. User can also define whether chart range has headers so that they are automatically picked up.
5. Specify Significant Digits : Control how many significant digits are shown in the chart. No need to edit the chart and edit the various elements.
6. Call From Outside Procedures or Functions : The user can quickly integrate the control chart with other VBA projects. The control chart can be created using a single line of code.
7. Labels : Apply labels to control limits, x-axis scale, y-axis scale, data values
8. Control Limit Line Color and Style : Define line style and colors for control limits
9. Plot Area Color and Border : Define plot area color and area border
10. Plot Line Style and Color : Define line style for plot line
11. Marker Style and Size : Define marker style and size for plot line
12. Specify Chart Titles : Specify chart, X-axis and Y- axis titles beforehand
13. Specify Font Size : Specify the font size to be used for titles and other chart elements
14. Control Chart Dimensions : The user can control the chart height, width, left & top offsets to draw the chart as per predetermined specification.
And just in case all you want to do is to create a neat looking control chart, click “Control Chart” from menu, click “OK” and your chart is done.
How Does the Excel Control Chart Utility Work
Using the control chart utility is easy. After you’ve added to add-in to Excel, depending upon the version of Excel you are using (Menu in Excel 2003 and earlier and the Ribbon in Excel 2007 and later), you will see the Control Chart option appearing on the toolbar.
Use the ribbon using Excel 2007 (and later versions) and the menu toolbar in Excel 2003 (and earlier versions) and click on the Control Chart button to bring up the Control Chart Interface.
Control Chart Samples
Buy the Excel Control Chart Add-In
As simple as making the control chart itself. Click on the link below. You will be taken to a page where you can enter the number of units you want to buy. After you enter the details, you will be taken to a secure payment gateaway (powered by www.paypal.com). Please provide the details and an automated order will be generated for you. (Price per license $15)
Once your order has been processed, you would be directed to the download page. You will also be sent a email with the confirmation of the payment and a link to the download page. The process is secure, reliable and fast. If you have any difficulty at any time during the process, please feel free to write to me at email@example.com
Documentation and Installation
Click here to read the complete documentation regarding the Excel Control Chart add-in. It has been tested to work with Excel versions – 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 (windows versions).
If for some reason you are not satisfied with the purchase, you enjoy a 30-day unconditional guarantee – no questions asked. Please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and the purchase amount will be refunded.
1. The feature to covert a very large dynamic chart to one with static values may not work when too many data points are involved.
Explaination – The utility provides the user the the option to draw a dynamic or a static control chart. By default, charts in Excel are linked to a range. Depending on the number of data points involved in a chart series (and significant digits used), Excel imposes an inbuilt restriction on whether the chart series can be made static or not.